- Work-related learning, literacy and numeracy in the workplace, and the integration of work and learning
- The social movement focus of adult education/lifelong learning (labour education, human rights, citizenship, new social movements, etc.)
- Distance/mobile/online learning, personal learning environments, and the use of technology in lifelong learning
- Experiential learning, including community service-learning, practica, etc.
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
- Community-based learning
- Barriered learners, and barriers to learning
- The evolving practice of lifelong learning opportunities provided by educational institutions
- Lifelong learning for personal development
- International aspects of lifelong learning
- Self-directed and informal learning, at work and in our communities
A conference at the University of Alberta, Edmonton – March 29-30, 2012
September 23, 2011
2012 Conference topics
Posted by Michael at 3:54 p.m.
September 22, 2011
Proposals wanted - submit yours by December 16
|Photo by Parcel Post|
We've posted the 11 subthemes of the 2012 conference and are looking forward to your proposal submissions. (Be sure to send it in by December 16)
Posted by Michael at 3:07 p.m.
September 20, 2011
Here's to Lifelong Learning...
|Downtown Edmonton (source)|
Our conference theme celebrates the process of engagement between sponsors of lifelong learning (including postsecondary institutions) and their surrounding communities for the purpose of creating a culture of lifelong learning.
The varied nature of this engagement reflects the diversity of our people and of the postsecondary institutions and other learning organizations that serve them.
Posted by Michael at 3:58 p.m.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)